I wrote about this on my other blog. Click here to read it.
And if you wish to comment, feel free to comment over there or below this post.
- Current Mood: tired
There is still time to give. Every little bit helps. Thank you so much for your support! xxx
- Current Mood: grateful
I would be very appreciative of any answers to my question.
- Current Mood: busy
- Current Music:Marie-Claire Alain playing JS Bach's Toccata and fugue in D minor, 'Dorian', BWV538
This is an afghan, measuring 45" x 45" square (114 cm x 114 cm), that was crocheted for kyriaofdelphi. This was a diamond shell stitch, and the pattern was provided to me by dragonsinger954. (Thanks so much, DS! ♥ )
I'm so glad Kyria received the afghan! (I had only told two people that I was making it for Kyria, and I had wanted it to be a surprise for her.) Know that you are loved, Kyria. ♥ ♥ ♥
- Current Mood: thankful
In the meantime, I'm writing to thank those of you who gave me virtual gifts. It's a pleasant surprise to find blue dragons and glass hearts in my inbox. Even though I'm not around here all that often, it is nice to be remembered by friends.
Many thanks to droxy and blueartemis07 for the blue dragons. Also, thanks go to dragonsinger954, irishredlass, and droxy for the gift of the glass hearts.
Smooches and hugs to all of you! x
- Current Mood: thankful
ACTA in a Nutshell –
What is ACTA? ACTA is the Anti-Counterfeiting Trade Agreement. A new intellectual property enforcement treaty being negotiated by the United States, the European Community, Switzerland, and Japan, with Australia, the Republic of Korea, New Zealand, Mexico, Jordan, Morocco, Singapore, the United Arab Emirates, and Canada recently announcing that they will join in as well.
Why should you care about ACTA? Initial reports indicate that the treaty will have a very broad scope and will involve new tools targeting “Internet distribution and information technology.”
What is the goal of ACTA? Reportedly the goal is to create new legal standards of intellectual property enforcement, as well as increased international cooperation, an example of which would be an increase in information sharing between signatory countries’ law enforcement agencies.
Essential ACTA Resources -
- Read more about ACTA here: ACTA Fact Sheet
- Read the authentic version of the ACTA text as of 15 April 2011, as finalized by participating countries here: ACTA Finalized Text
- Follow the history of the treaty’s formation here: ACTA history
- Read letters from U.S. Senator Ron Wyden wherein he challenges the constitutionality of ACTA: Letter 1 | Letter 2 | Read the Administration’s Response to Wyden’s First Letter here: Response
- Watch a short informative video on ACTA: ACTA Video
- Watch a lulzy video on ACTA: Lulzy Video
Say NO to ACTA. It is essential to spread awareness and get the word out on ACTA.Via Tumblr